Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Long Post & Lots of Pictures

We have been very busy lately. We were on vacation the first week in May, then Saturday the 8th, Chris graduated from Mount Olive College, and then Sunday was of course Mother's Day. I wish I would have taken an additional day off of work just to relax.

We had a really nice vacation. We went to Hilton Head, SC. Brody had so much fun, and seemed to have WAY more energy than we thought! He was busy, busy, busy! It was a very relaxing (as much as you can with a 16 month old), laid back vacation. We spent most of the time at the pool or the beach. Brody loves the water, and that is where he wanted to be.




I attempted a photo shoot with Brody one evening, but it didn't go so well. As soon as his feet hit the sand, he took off running to the ocean! That boy is not scared of anything, which scares me!



I think Chris and I took a nap almost everyday, which was so nice! Brody even slept later every morning! Maybe we should move to the beach?


It rained one day, so we took off to Savannah, GA. There were a few things we wanted to do there, but the weather was terrible, and it was hard enough finding the mall. We went to Bass Pro Shop, and Brody was amazed by the "phish". He didn't know what to think about them at first, and then about 5 seconds later, he LOVED them!





To get some of Brody's energy out, we took a walk everday. We would start off pushing him in the stroller, but it was only a matter of seconds before he wanted to get out and run! We made a mistake one time and didn't bring the stroller, and Brody ended up getting tired, and we had to carry him the whole way back. That of course was one of our long walks thanks to Chris. He wanted to take the golf cart path to see the golf course, and I know we saw half the holes it seemed!

Chris graduated Saturday, May 8th from Mount Olive College. He graduated with a Bachelor's in Business Management. We are SO proud of him! He really has worked very hard, and not to mention went to school and work full time, plus he did all this with a wife and kid!



After graduation, we all celebrated at Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Brody was the "live" entertainment for the night. He loves attention! He is rotten!

Chris's mom had him a cake made. I waited to the last minute, and then it was too late to have him one made. Thanks Mrs. Teresa!!! It turned out really good!


One of the best names to be called is "Mama". I love to hear that sweet little voice say it all the time! I had a great Mother's Day! Brody greeted me first thing that morning with a card. Chris greeted me with the camera and bright flash. I will not be posting them pictures because they are terrible! Chris traced Brody's little hands in my card, and I thought that was the sweetest thing!

Chris and Brody dressed alike at church Sunday. I forgot my camera, so these are taken with my cell phone.


Our Family on Mother's Day 2010


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Making memories! I love it! Very cute pictures!

Kari said...

Love the pictures! I soo would love to go on an actual vacation! ha! Congrats on the hubs graduating!