Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 5, 2009

Seafood Festival



Here is where we stayed. It was so peaceful out there! I would love to live somewhere like this!





This past weekend, we went to the Seafood Festival in Morehead. We didn't leave our house until almost lunch time on Saturday. I thought we would never leave! I thought it would get easier and easier as Brody got older when it came to packing, but I think I was wrong. I felt like I had to take EVERYTHING! We stayed at Chris's cousin's house, which is on the sound side, right off of Hwy 24. It was so nice, and we really appreciate them letting us stay with them. Brody slept so good too! I think all the excitement wore him out!


We ended up getting to the Seafood festival around 5 pm. It was SO crowded, you couldn't hardly move. We had to park so far away too...like on 16th street! It was fun, just really crowded! Chairman Of The Board was playing that night, so we made sure we had a seat. We sat near a crowd that was full of energy to say the least. Brody saw them dancing, and decided he wanted to join them. He was breaking it down right in his stroller! I took a video of him dancing. It's kind of long, but I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything funny. This was about the 3rd song he had danced to, so he was getting a little tired. Here's the video:

I had never seen him dance until that night! It was so funny! He definitely got his moves from his daddy!


We ended up going back to the Seafood Festival again on Sunday only because I wanted to see if they had baby Seafood Festival T-shirts. I forgot to look when I went on Saturday. Of course they didn't, so I couldn't get one. Oh well, I'm sure it would have been way to big anyway. We packed up Sunday evening and headed back home. I wish we could have stayed longer!



We did see alot of "interesting" people at the Seafood Festival....this being one of them:


Yes, that is her hair draped over over her pocket book......and yes, she did have "You Might Be A Redneck If You...Shirt on, and yes she did have the tightest jeans on (you could not tell by this angle though)!



2 comments:

Hailey said...

I wish you had called me! I could have taken Brody's pictures on the beach. Sunday was perfect.
Yes, the festival was wall to wall people. It was crazy. We didn't drive but I know that the parking was terrible. We live right across the sound from the Morehead waterfront so we just hopped in the boat and drove over.
The people were "interesting". Ryan said he saw at least 3 people with no legs. We saw little people in scooters. We saw grandmas with cutoff t-shirts, smoking 100s, with tattoos everywhere. We saw bathing suits. We saw someone in tights! {It was way too hot for that!} The list goes on and on. Haha!
Ryan and I said we are going next year... without children... EARLY Sunday morning.

Jamie said...

Brody's got one move down pat hahah! He's really got some rhythm :)