Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Things


At Brody's 6th month doctor's visit, the doctor told us to start introducing a sippy cup with juice, and if Brody was ready, finger foods. Finger foods meaning the Gerber Puffs (the ones that dissolves FAST), and anything dissovable that he can work on self-feeding and grasping.



Here is Brody trying out his sippy cup...

I learned fast that the first sippy cup I tried want working. Brody LOVES juice, and with the first cup, he couldn't figure out how to get it out. I went to Target and bought the Nuby silicone spout sippy cup. It worked! He was able to get his juice out. He's by far not a professional sippy cup user, but he is working on it. Plus, he was happy because he got his juice!

The Puffs were not so great. He didn't really know what to do with those. I think we are going to hold off on them for awhile. The doctor said he would be ready for them as soon as he could pick them up, so I guess he is not ready for them right now. We did try something called Baby Mum-Mum's. My friend Kendra told me about them a while ago. They come in 2 flavors, Plain (Rice), and Vegetable. They are pretty hard to find, but Walmart carries them. We gave Brody one of those things, and the first thing he did was bite a huge piece off! I almost had a heart attack!!! How can someone with NO teeth bite such a big piece off?

1 comment:

Heather said...

I cannot believe that Brody is already drinking from a sippy cup!! That is crazy. I remember the day he was born like yesterday! He is growing up so fast! It is so hard to believe that in like 3 months Reagan will be that big. Wow they sure do grow up fast!!!